The simple way to live safely.
We are Patronus.
We are more than just a provider of smart emergency watches. We are true visionaries.
As a modern healthcare start-up from Berlin with strong investors behind us, we are determined to improve the everyday lives of elderly people around the world, to make it safer and more independent.
That's what we achieve with our revolutionary Patronus watch.
Although not recognizable as an emergency device at first glance, it enables users to call for help easily and immediately, anytime and anywhere. This way, we provide an extra dose of safety and we can save lives in the truest sense of the word. However, the Patronus watch itself is only the door opener to develop numerous other groundbreaking products to improve the lives of older people, their relatives and their caregivers. Our vision is to use the enormous possibilities of modern technology to provide the best possible healthcare for our customers. In this way, we contribute to making the healthcare system more effective - and ensure a life worth living.
In order to succeed with this mission, we are looking for a VP Technology to establish a comprehensive technology strategy, drive growth acceleration and oversee all technology operations of the company including Watch OS, Frontend, Backend and DevOps. Reporting directly to our founders and as a member of the Management team, the VP Technology will be responsible for building and leading a high-performing team with scalable processes in order to have significant business impact. Together with your team you will ensure an outstanding customer experience by implementing a best-in-class technology strategy. You will influence the culture, ensure the well-being and as the leader of the team, you will also be supporting your team members with their personal and career development. This is an unique opportunity to lead a growing team in a new market and create a remarkable, top-notch technology strategy at Patronus!
- Leading and building your team of high-performing tech-experts and ensuring their professional development by providing strong mentorship, coaching and guidance to ensure personal growth and development
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive technology strategy that aligns with Patronus overall business goals and objectives
- Being the tech-expert, educating the broader business and ensuring constant innovation
- Deriving measures for the strategic improvement of our technology organization in alignment with our business strategy
- Building strong and collaborative relationships with your internal stakeholders to further develop cross-functional structures and processes
- Several years of relevant leadership experience in engineering roles with a proven track record of scaling B2C businesses
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment as you've already gained experience in working in an agile, fast-paced start-up
- Deep understanding of technology processes and best practices including expertise in backend development with Kotlin and/or Java. A strong background in native mobile development (iOS and Android) and familiarity with cloud services, particularly AWS is essential
- Strong analytical mindset - you see the big picture before you make a decision
- Very high level of initiative together with a can-do and hands-on mentality
- Team player that values collaborative relationships at eye level
- Pragmatic, results-oriented and a strong growth mindset
- Outstanding communication style paired with a visionary mindset of how to attract and retain customers and talent
- You will actively contribute to a product that has a real human impact
- You will fulfill a role with entrepreneurial freedom and scale - leave your footprint and own your business
- You will get the opportunity to work in an agile and experienced team where you will be continuously challenged to raise your own bar and improve not only the product but also yourself
- You will get a competitive compensation including a long term equity package
Are you curious?
Become a part of our team and make a difference! We are looking forward to getting to know you!
We value diversity. In our teams, we welcome people of various perspectives and skill levels, as well as diverse backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and with or without disabilities. Every decision in our talent process is based on qualifications, performance and individual company needs.